The Xbox 360 Wireless Microphone is for use exclusively with the Xbox 360 console. For information about how to use the Xbox 360 Wireless Microphone with a particular game, see your game manual.
Xbox 360 Wireless Microphone
How to set up the Xbox 360 Wireless Microphone
Before you can use the Xbox 360 Wireless Microphone with your Xbox 360 console, you must do the following:
- Insert the batteries. The microphone uses only AA (LR6) alkaline or fully charged Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries.
- Note The microphone does not charge rechargeable batteries. You must charge these batteries in an appropriate charging device.
- Create a wireless connection between the microphone and your console.
To control the game, you need a wired or wireless game controller (supplied separately) connected to the console.
How to install batteries in the Xbox 360 Wireless Microphone
To insert batteries in the microphone, or remove the batteries from the microphone, follow these steps:
- Gently twist the microphone windscreen in a counter-clockwise direction (one quarter turn).
- Slide the windscreen away from the microphone body.
- Slide the battery cover open.
- Remove the old batteries from the battery compartment, if any are installed.
- Insert two new AA (LR6) alkaline or fully charged NiMH rechargeable batteries in the battery compartment.
- Close the battery cover. Then, replace the microphone windscreen.
How to connect the microphone to the console
You can have up to four Xbox 360 Wireless Microphones connected to a console at one time, depending on your configuration and game support. Each connected microphone will be assigned to a quadrant on the circle of lights that surround the power button on the front of the console. Note that the quadrant will only light up if you also have a controller connected to the console.
- The quadrant will only light up if you also have a controller connected to the console.
- If you have four microphones connected to the console, only two people can sing. You can use the other two microphones as percussion instruments.
Xbox 360 wired controller issue
Hey there, I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue. I bought my xbox a year ago last dec.
I had one wired controller and recently bought another one. The Issue is when used the wired controller people tell me that my microphone sounds hot or static . For example on MW2 and GOW2 it shows my mic has contstantly talking even when the mute switch is on.
Does anyone else have this issue with there xbox that used the wired controller. It Dosen't do it with the wireless controllers just the wired ones. I like the wired ones because the buttons feel better for some reason