The XLR/USB handheld USB microphone by RadioShack gets high marks for its versatility and its low cost. With both a USB port and traditional XLR cords, this is really two microphones in one. You can plug the XLR/USB mic into your computer for a late-night podcasting session, and then hook it up to your PA system for the hippest weekend karaoke party.
The XLR/USB is a dynamic mic with a cardioid pickup pattern. This means your voice will be clearly picked up when you use it, while the distracting background noise behind you is filtered and blocked. This USB microphone has a frequency range of 50Hz to 15 kHz, which means your voice will sound natural instead of squeaky and animated. Higher and lower sounds will not be picked up, which is important when you're recording audio for podcasts and voiceovers or using Skype or voice recognition software.
The RadioShack XLR/USB handheld mic includes a manual on/off switch, so you can quickly mute it if you need to. A tripod desk stand is also included, so you can position you USB microphone in the most optimal place for audio recording. This mic lacks a pop filter, so be sure to not speak to closely to the mic in order to avoid popping Ps and Bs, slurred Ss and other windy sounds.
The XLR/USB mic is compatible with both PC and Mac computers, and the plug-n-play capability means your computer will easily recognize the USB microphone each time you plug it in. You will need to take the time to manually set up the microphone through your computer's control panel. The step-by-step instructions that come with the microphone are easy to follow.
We were very impressed with RadioShack's quick response to our emails, even on the weekends. They were very quick in getting us to the right person to help with our questions. Everyone we worked with was very knowledgeable and polite. In addition to traditional phone and email support, RadioShack has user manuals online for quick reference and troubleshooting. The XLR/USB comes with an industry standard one-year warranty that covers defects and malfunctions that happen during normal use. RadioShack stores are located around the world including Africa and the Middle East, so personal troubleshooting help is always available to you.
Using a microphone/headset on g4 powerbook?
I need some help-
I don't know much about apple components, I'm a PC user myself, but my friend is trying to use a microphone/heaset on her G4 powerbook and she bought one at radio shack that doesn't work. I didn't know radio shack carried any apple components (or maybe thats why it doesnt work) but the one she bought has two imputs, one for mic one for speaker... and her powerbook only has a speaker jack so obviously the mic doesn't work.
What does she need to do?
I told her she needs to go to the apple store, not radio shack, but I am assuming she needs a USB
2.5mm Mobile Headset To PC Converter
- 2.5mm headset to dual 3.5mm minijack adapters (one for microphone and one for headphones) on your PC s soundcard or case.
- Not compatible with Apple laptops or anything else that requires a line-level input instead of a regular microphone-level input.
Radioshack 4-channel Mixer with USB and Sound Effects
Receiver or Amplifier (RadioShack)
- Incorporate sound effects and combine up to 4 audio sources, including a USB source,Choose from 6 digital sound effects: Laser, Machine Gun, Tron, Siren, Emergency...
- Easily integrates with amplifiers, speaker and microphones to simplify setup
- Rack-mountable so you can easily slide it into your sound system with the rest of your equipment Features Echo with variable delay, repeat and level controls,
- Dual microphone inputs with Talkover so you can announce the next songBlue illuminated channel and master volume controls so you can use it in low-light conditions,
- Individual rotary controls for Mic 1, Mic 2, bass and treble so you have full control of your sound,Assignable A/B cross-fader and user-replaceable cross-fader
3.5mm Headphone Adapter for Apple iPhone Recessed Jack, 3.5mm, White
- Adaptor converts the phone s own audio output into a universal 3.5 mm output
- 3.5 mm output means unlimited possibilities of device to broadcast the audio sound / music from your phone
- Adapter allows connection to any 3.5 mm stereo headset or portable speaker, including other iPod headsets
- Adapter also allows your phone / PDA to connect to any home stereo system [Note: May require additional RCA Y-Cable]
- Compatible with: Apple iPhone, iPhone 3GS 16GB / 32GB / apple iPad 16 / 32 / 64 GB