The PGX Digital SM58 Vocal Wireless System from Shure adds the clarity of 24-bit digital audio to the legacy of trusted Shure microphone options for wireless performance. This system includes the legendary SM58, an industry-standard, highly versatile cardioid dynamic vocal microphone, tailored to deliver warm and clear vocal reproduction under extreme conditions.
PGXD2 SM58 Handheld Wireless Transmitter:
- Cardioid dynamic vocal microphone tailored to deliver warm and clear vocal reproduction
- Extremely durable design to handle even the harshest conditions
- Power, mute, and battery status LED
- Up to 10 hours of continuous use from 2 AA batteries
- 200 ft (60 m) operating range
- Rugged construction for reliable performance show after show
Shure PGXD4 Wireless Receiver:
- 24-bit / 48 kHz digital technology for incredibly accurate sound
- Automatic frequency selection locates a clear channel instantly
- One-touch sync automatically syncs the transmitter and receiver
- True digital diversity for rock-solid wireless signal reliability
- Up to 5 systems can be used at once
- 1/4 inch and XLR audio outputs
- Included padded carrying case for portability and protection
Included in this system:
- PGXD4 wireless receiver
- SM58 microphone with PGXD2 handheld transmitter
- Padded hard shell case
- Microphone clip
Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC's wireless microphone website at www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones
NOTE: None of the wireless systems we carry are capable of violating the FCC guidelines stated above. We are presenting this information as a matter of legally required disclosure.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Shure products.
Shure PGXD4 Receiver:
- Housing: ABS
- Audio Output Level (ref. +/- 38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz tone):
- - XLR connector (into 3000 Ohms load): -2.5 dBV
- - 1/4 inch connector (into 10000 Ohms load): +10 dBV
- Impedance: XLR: 50 Ohms, 1/4 inch: 50 Ohms
- Sensitivity: -102 dBm at 10-5 BER
- Image Rejection: > 70 dB, typical
- Audio Outputs: Balanced XLR; TRS 1/4 inch
- Audio LED: Red: 2 dB below clip, Amber: 12 dB below clip, Green: 50 dB below clip
- Power Requirements: 12-18 Vdc at 150 mA, supplied by external power supply
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1.6 x 7.125 x 4.1 inches (40 x 181 x 104 mm)
- Weight: 289 g (10.2 oz.) Dimensions and Weight in Packaging Group X8, Frequencies 902.00 - 928.00 Shipping Weight: 5 lbs Shipping Dimensions: 18 x 13 x 4 in Group X8 with Gator GM1W Wireless Bag Shipping Weight: 7 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-25-SHURE
Customer Reviews out of 5 (6 ratings) Rate and Review This Product zZounds has verified that this customer bought this product from us. "A product with excellent sound quality, craftmenship and reliability."
Sound: This is an excellent product. Amazing full-strength sound quality. It responds perfectly well within all venues, indoors or outdoors. Signal strength is perfect. Feature: Pro about all features. No complaints. Ease of Use: Excellent sound quality within all applications. Quality: Built very well which can last extensively a long time. Very reliable in all music and voice applications. Value: It is not inexpensive, but worth it because of it's reliability. Manufacturer Support: I have not contacted support for anything on this product. The Wow Factor: I rate this product at the top due to it's sound quality and reliability. Overall: Very satisfied and will replace it with the same product.
Style of Music: all genre's 6 of 6 people (100%) found this review helpful. Did you?
Thanks for your opinion!
zZounds has verified that this customer bought this product from us. "Shure Quality IN a modern wireless"
I'd call it the best camera for that price. I'd go for it.
FYI, Downsides are:
* Limited lens compatibility (no autofocus motor, so many Nikon lenses won't work)
* Autofocus is slow enough to be completely useless in live view mode (try it in a store)
* Video mode isn't up to par with Canon and friends. You get limited resolution, awkward frame rate, horrible audio (11kHz with low quality built-in microphone, and no microphone input, and the kit lens will give you lots of image stabilizer noise).
Stepping up, Canon 550D is an amazing camera (albeit without the pivot LCD)