Due to five switchable polar patterns, the MC 740 is a universal studio microphone. It has been designed without compromise to be able to capture every sound detail with absolute clarity and purity. Applications for the MC 740 include recording orchestras as a main microphone, resulting in a superb transparent sound. Due to a switchable two-position roll-off filter and a switchable pre-attenuation pad, the MC 740 is also suitable for close miking of instruments.
- Large diaphragm, gold-vaporized double membrane
- Five selectable polar patterns
- Elastic transducer suspension system
- Switchable 10 dB attenuator pad and three-position low-frequency roll-off
Musical production question: recording vocals
I have a phantom powered condenser microphone and I want to know how to get it to work and connect to a computer sound card. I have a notebook computer and think I need to get some type of external sound card- basically something better than the factory card I have now. If I won't be able connect it to a sound card, what do I need to get it to record directly to my editing software, Adobe Audition 3.0, with very high quality? Trying to get a truly professional sound for a song I've written.
Here is the mic:
Also I've got a AudioTechnica battery powered condenser thats pretty good for overhead mic or acoustic.
Battery powered mics are electret condensers. Phantom powered mics are usually regular diaphram condenser. Its a slightly different mic.
Some electret condensers are very good, but these usually also run on phantom power too and I find they sound better with actual phantom power. The AKG C1000 is sort of an industry standard for certain applications and its battery powered.
Audio Technica ATR288W VHF Battery-Powered TwinMic Microphone System
Musical Instruments (Audio-Technica)
- Includes ATR35 miniature lavalier condenser microphone for hands-free uses such as aerobics, dance, theater, lectures and newscaster-style videos
- Includes ATR20 dynamic microphone for handheld uses such as singing, talking, recording and videos
- Operating frequency: T24 (169.505 MHz & 170.305 MHz)
- 1 channels; FM modulation mode
- Battery life: 8 hours nominal
- Multi-purpose wireless system with 2 microphones, a wireless FM transmitter, and a receiver
- Includes ATR35s miniature lavalier condenser microphone for hands-free uses such as aerobics, dance, theater, lectures, and videos
- Includes ATR20 dynamic microphone for handheld uses such as singing, talking, recording, and videos
- Compact, ultra-lightweight transmitter and receiver each powered by a single 9V battery good for 8 hours of use (9V batteries not included)
- Normal operating range 100 feet; up to 300 feet under optimum conditions
Audio Technica AT2041 Studio Microphone Package
Musical Instruments (Audio-Technica)
- Includes: AT2020 Side-address cardioid condenser microphone AT2021 Small-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone SONAR LE recording software Pivoting, threaded...
- Ideal for project/home-studio applications
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Condenser design for studio-quality vocal and instrument applications
Audio Technica PRO SERIES 5 PRO501L Wireless Lavalier Microphone System
Musical Instruments (Audio technica)
- 8 selectable frequency-coordinated UHF channels. Use up to 8 simultaneous systems - all channels compatible.
- Automatic frequency scanning. Tone Lock squelch system eliminates interference when transmitter is off.
- LED Channel display plus Antenna, AF Peak indicators. Balanced XLR and unbalanced 1/4 output connectors.
- UniPak transmitter features: separate guitar/mic trim control, switchable high/low RF power, internal channel selector, multi-color battery/power indicator, AA operation.
- Pro Series 5 body-pack systems are compatible with all Audio-Technica Wireless Essentials microphones and cables.
PylePro PDWM3450 UHF Microphone Rack Mount System with 2 Plug-in XLR Wireless Transmitters for Any Microphone
Musical Instruments (Sound Around)
- LED Power Indicator & Channel Display - Up to sixteen separate channels to choose from - AC/DC adapter power jack - Frequency Range: 673 - 697.97 MHz - Signal/Noise...
- Operation Range: Up to 164 ft. - Includes two plug-in XLR wireless transmitters - Power Supply: 110/220V - 16 operational wireless channels - Border Upon Chanel...
- Audio Level Indicator for wireless system audio signal level - 1/4 Mixed audio output jack - Rack mountable system Receiver Specifications - Individual Squelch...
- Independent & adjustable channel volume controls - (2) Individual XLR balanced output jacks - Individual Balanced XLR Output - RF Image Spurious Rejection 80...
- RF Signal Indicator for transmitter signal strength - Individual Squelch controls - Mixed 1/4 Inch Output - Receiving Sensitivity: -105 dB - Dimensions: 19 in X...