Whether it be for recording a podcasting or even a personal note or even vocals for your new song, at some point you may very well need to make use of an audio recorder and this review highlights the best free audio recorders available for Windows.
The audio recorders highlighted here today are capable of recording audio from your microphone and recording audio your computer normally plays through its speakers, as audio played via a media player, audio from videos (including online videos, movies, TV shows, etc.), streaming audio, podcasts, etc. Basically, the programs we review here let you record any audio you can dream of.
Read on to learn more.
This review is part of our Best Free Windows Software section. Check out more articles on the best free Windows programs by clicking here.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
Please take note in order to record audio, you need to fulfill some hardware requirements.
To record audio from your microphone, you obviously need to have a microphone. Most laptops and monitors nowadays have microphones built in, so you may have a microphone without realizing it. If this isn’t the case for you, then you will need to have an external microphone hooked up to your computer.
Known as recording ‘loopback’ audio or recording computer playback, the capability of recording audio typically heard through your speakers largely depends on if your soundcard supports this function. Most modern soundcards support this, so it isn’t something you should worry about unless you have a very old computer. Also. with some soundcards, this feature is supported but it is disabled and must be enabled by the user.
If your soundcard supports recording of loopback audio/computer playback but the feature is disabled, you can easily enable it by following and following .
Audio Recording On Computer
I want to do some simple voice recordings and then burn them to a CD. My sound card appears to have an icon on it that indicates it accepts a microphone. If so, all I need then is software to capture? I have the CD burner. I realize this sounds pretty simple but I want to make sure. Thanks.
Secondary question...if I do a recording to a cassette how do I get that into my computer? PC with Win98SE.
Any info or suggestions on all this appreciated.
Blue 10ft ( 10 feet 10' ) Tangle Free Noodle Style Micro B USB Charging / Data Sync Cable fits Android Samsung Galaxy HTC LG Pantech Blackberry Motorola Sony ZTE
Wireless (CablesFrLess (TM))
- Charge your device with your computer or a USB car/wall charger!
- Sync your device with your computer to transfer music, videos, files and backup your data!
- Super long cord to charge your device with ease!
- High quality noodle style cable helps avoid tangled cords! Comes in a variety of COLORS!
- Check out our listings for a variety of colors and sets!! Super fast shipping from FL, USA!!
100% IP66 Rated Waterproof 2 Megapixel HD 1080P IP Camera Outdoor Wireless Wifi N, 15 Meters Infrared Night Vision, Built-in Max 128Gb Micro SD Card DVR Slot, Automatic or Scheduled Motion Detection Alarm, Free iPhone or Android Apps with Set-up in Just 3 Easy Steps
Photography (TriVision Tech., LLC)
- High Definition HD 1080p VideoThe Bullet HD1080 delivers crisp High Definition 1080p video images. Enjoy full resolution video for a truly spectacular high-definition...
- Professional Connectors & IP66-rated weatherproofThe Bullet HD 1080 comes with Power over Ethernet allowing you to transmit data and power over a single cable...
- PC & Mac CompatibleThe bullet is compatible with both PC and Apple Macintosh computers, as well as with multiple web browsers. Users can view live video with...
- Watch on your iPhone, iPad, Android, or computerWith the free iPhone app, Android app and PC app, you can watch video on the go using your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch...
- Motion Detection, Alarms & record direct to SD cardIf the camera detects movement in its field of vision, it can automatically send an e-mail alert notifying...
RipEditBurn Plus - Easy-to-use Audio Recording & Editing Software - Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP-compatible - Record Everything Your Computer Can Hear: Mics, Mixers, Streaming Audio - Create Classroom Presentations - Make CDs and iPod Files - Free Tutorials, Manual, Lifetime Free Support
Software (Blaze Audio)
- Record from all audio sources--streaming audio, live recording, LPs, tapes, CDs
- Convert files to Wave, MP3, WMA, Ogg, RealAudio
- Editing effects include Compression and Limiting, Pitch & Tempo Shift, Reverb
- manage all online music
- Create iPod-ready playlists, rip & burn CDs